Monday, April 21, 2008

Life Lessons

I am taking a school situation that Tim is dealing with right now to gain some perspective about the kind of director I want to be for Bright Beginnings at SHCC. Tim has applied for the Science Department Head position and is by far the most qualified person for the job out of the teachers who remain in the district (and not just because he is my hubby!). There is a large turnover in staff this year, for various reasons, and it seems like it would be so important for the whole department to come together and choose the next leader. This is not the case. The really upsetting thing is that people have lied and manipulated things to deceive him and what they are trying to do is lure someone from another district by promising him all this extra money for all this extra things. It's so sad to me, as well as infuriating, the politics that is involved in schools. I hate politics on all levels, and this is why. I will never be the prettiest, skinniest, richest, or most popular, but I do know at the end of the day, I serve an awesome God who is the only One I will have to answer to. When people compromise their integrity to please the world, they are not putting Christ at the center of their lives. I really wish I could use names and more details, but I don't want this to come back and bite me in the "B.C. alert" later. For now I will vent and learn a huge lesson... I will do everything for Christ, who strengthens me.

I am so proud of Tim for being the best daddy and husband anyone could ask for. He takes care of us as the head of our household and he never acts selfishly. He puts us at the top of his priority list and works so hard so I can pursue my dreams with the preschool. He is so supportive of me and the girls. We will make it through this obstacle together because we lean on eachother in good times and bad. I LOVE HIM!

Okay, enough venting... we had beautiful weather yesterday and we (mainly me) got the garage cleaned out. We have so much junk, it's ridiculous! I did my best to organize all the stuff and left it at that! We also purchased a treadmill on Saturday, as soon as we got our tax return! I am very excited. Ryleigh and I have both worked out on it and I hope we can keep it up. Anyone who knows me knows how much I have struggled with being the "f" word (the 3 letter one, not the REALLY bad "f"word). I have been in denial for quite some time that eventually I would get back in shape, but I think I have put it off long enough. It's embarrassing to talk about it because I know most people do not understand. We watched most of this season of The Biggest Loser and I learned quite a bit and felt so inspired by the contestants. I am going to take it one day at a time and see how it goes. I don't want to set unrealistic goals for myself or get discouraged if I screw up, which I will. So, I will do the best I can to walk/run each day.

Funny thing Reagan said... She likes to cheer for me when I play cards with Ryleigh. We play a game called Spit and it is super fast paced. So she chants, "Go, mommy, go, mommy...." The other night Tim and I were looking at some emails on the computer and we had one from Go Daddy about the preschool website. Tim said something about Go Daddy and Reagan chimed in, No! It's go mommy!" It was so funny! I hope she always thinks so highly of me (yeah, right)!

I had a Girls Night Out Friday night! I can't remember ever needing one more than I did last week! We ate dinner at Applebees and then talked and laughed and talked and laughed and talked and laughed some more! I love my girlfriends! We stayed out until after 12:30! That is super late for a bunch of mommies! What a blessing to have them in my life! No matter how old I get, I know the importance of good friends! I am so glad God created us to be in relationship with others and gave us each a sense of humor. Tim and the girls rented Alvin and the Chipmunks and had a great time together. They all told me about the raisin part and Reagan was laughing so hard about it! We watched part of it again last night, but I fell asleep- Friday night caught up with me! I love picturing the three of them snuggling and eating popcorn and watching a movie. It's good for all of us to have GNO once in awhile. Of course, Ryleigh said "Good, I can go, too, because I'm a girl" I changed it to Mom's night out to stop her!

I also had a meeting at church this weekend about a bunch of preschool stuff. It went great! I feel so good about the things that are going on and the tremendous amount of support I have from the elders is amazing! I was put in charge of the inspection report action items and even got labeled the Project Manager! I almost laughed out loud thinking about The Apprentice- look out Oma Rosa!!!! God continues to bless me and this ministry! I hope I can continue to do things to the glory of God and make my church family proud. We got a lot of the financial side of things figured out, which is a huge relief for me, since I stink at finances!!!

Hope your day is sunny and bright, like it is here!

No comments: