Monday, April 28, 2008

Frustrations on the Homefront

Okay, so the situation keeps getting worse and my husband is applying to other school districts. This is so stressful and frustrating, and in my opinion so completely unnecessary. He deserves the science department head job and he is more than qualified and he has a resume full of all the wonderful things he has done for this school and community. Apparently it doesn't count for anything. I suppose this is why we stay out of politics and the corporate world because we have more integrity and honesty and goodness in us than those kinds of people. How do people sleep at night when they spend their days screwing people around, excuse my language?!?!?

I am left wondering how a move to another district will affect our family. I trust Tim to make the right decision and trust that God has a plan. We must love the ones we could easily hate because of their actions and words ( our sermon just happened to be on this topic yesterday!). We have to be the shining light that doesn't let the worldly problems weigh us down. Stay focused on Him and remember your rewards in heaven far outweigh anything we can imagine here on earth.

Moving on... we shopped on Saturday for new clothes for both the girls- it was fun, fun, fun!!! They both did great trying stuff on and we got lots of good deals at Target, Marshalls, and The Children's Place. I am looking forward to all the fun things we have going on in the next few months, and now they have cute clothes to wear! And a few matching ones, of course!!!!

I love our new treadmill! I have been running and although I am super out of shape, I am proud that I have started back up again and am taking one day at a time to improve my health and my looks. I bought a book the has stories, tips, and information about The Biggest Loser. I read quite a bit of it this weekend and really enjoyed it. It's so much easier to swallow advice from someone who has been as fat as me and who struggled for years with it, than from some skinny-minny who couldn't gain weight if they tried!!! The most important thing to me is to be a good example to my girls so they can feel good about themselves and never feel held back by their weight.

We had our Moms in Touch Thanksgiving ceremony yesterday at church. All the groups got together to pray and talk about all the ways God has answered prayers this year. What an awesome feeling it is to be surrounded by such beautiful people who know the power of prayer and importance of praying for their children and schools. I found out that my friend, Janice, started praying for her younger son, Ryan when he was in 4th grade and in my class! How cool is that- she was praying for me and I didn't even know it!!! It must be why that was my favorite year of teaching! Ryan is getting married this summer and is such a great young man! I love the whole Shoemaker family so much! I am so proud to be a part of the SHCC family! Janice is now praying for her granddaughter, Addie, who will be in the very first 2 year old class at Bright Beginnings at SHCC!

Please be in prayer that the hearts of our administrators can be softened and that they can see how much Tim could bring to the position of department head. Thanks!

No comments: