Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Well, I doubt anyone has visited this sight lately, since it has been almost a year since I last posted! YIKES! So much for keeping everyone updated! I can't even begin to sum up the events of the last year! I read through a couple of the last posts and realize how some things can change so drastically and then some things never change!

Bright Beginnings has had more success than I ever could have imagined and in so many ways I never could have realized. It has been so much hard work, but I have not regretted any of the time and energy, because working and living for God doesn't stress me out like any ordinary job. It is so rewarding, so inspiring, and so much fun to do what I do! I wish I had time to write about each little child that has been a student in our first year and the blessing they are! Not only are they so smart and well-behaved, but they have learned so much about the Lord. I listen to them pray, recite verses, sing songs, retell Bible stories, and much more during Bible Time and I am amazed! These kids are going to change the world! Their lights for Jesus are shining so brightly. I can honestly say that our goals were accomplished this first year beyond our wildest dreams!

Ryleigh is finishing up 2nd grade and it has been her best year yet. She loves Mrs. Bechtel and has done so well. She loves reading and has been motivated to read, read, read with the AR program. She has been learning some "bad" stuff, too, from some of the kids who apparently get to watch every movie and tv show that they want! We have tried to use these "teachable" moments on a positive way about what not to say, do, etc. My proudest moment of the year with Ry is when she accepted Jesus into her heart and was baptized in February. A very emotional time! Her basketball team did great and she even had a game where she made a free-throw with 11 seconds left to win the game! She and I have our fighting moments and she has a way of trying my patience, but she is still a sweet, smart, precious daughter!

Reagan is growing so fast and I cannot believe she will be in Pre-K in the fall! She is so talented- she loves gymnastics and is REALLY good! She is very smart and can print her name so perfectly I can hardly tell the difference between her writing and Ryleigh's! She loves to sing and interupt her sister (which goes over really well!). She talks about baby Reese a lot and I think she is going to love going to China. We have had some very heartfelt and emotional conversations about her China mommy and how she became a part of our family. She can name the first 6 elements on the Periodic table and tell what they are used for! Daddy couldn't be happier about that! What a blessing she is in our lives.

God really worked things out for Tim this year and I am so proud of how much he has grown closer to God through the ups and downs of his job. He took over the Youth group at church and has done such a fantastic job with them. Although the Science dept. head fiasco was a very difficult (and eye opening) experience, he could have never done this work with the youth if he had that responsibility. God is awesome! We may have lost some friends through that (which is sad and disappointing) but he certainly gained a great deal and his reward will be in heaven!

We hosted a small group at our house this year, too, and have really enjoyed it. We have learned so much and grown so much spiritually. Since we both teach on Sunday mornings, it was nice to have a bible study to do together. We have made some great friends and are so thankful for their love and support.

We have a super busy summer planned, but I am excited to enjoy some time off! It will be good to reflect on the year in more detail soon!

*** A note to Reese: we have passed the two year wait and there seems to be no end in sight. We wonder all the time about you and when we will get to meet you. Your sisters love you so much and already argue over who will sit by you and feed you and tuck you in! I hope they let me have a turn! As we wait for you, sweet baby, we grow in Christ and try to be the kind of family you deserve. I sit in your room sometimes and pray for your birth parents and the heartache that have yet to face that will ultimately become a blessing for us. I thank God for the gift of you that will soon be given to us. Until then, we wait...

No comments: