Monday, June 2, 2008

Summer Blast-Off

Wow- the Summer Blast Off was a huge success even though it did rain off and on. We had tons of preschool families mingling with our church family and it seemed like everyone had a great time! The kids LOVED the new playground to say the least! It's going to be a popular place for years to come! God continues to bless Bright Beginnings at SHCC and I am truly so grateful!
I think I did okay talking on the radio, but I guess I will never know for sure! A few too many "ums" I am certain, but I think I answered the questions and got the right information out there!

I didn't mention this last time (I don't think)... but my heart is still breaking for the Steven Curtis Chapman family. Their youngest daughter was killed in a tragic accident in their driveway. I love SCC's music and his passion for the Lord. But my real connection to him is China adoption. Little Maria was one of three precious daughters from China. This kind of tragedy is sad, but I think as an adoptive parent, you just feel like it is even more heartbreaking. My prayer is that the family will continue to seek comfort from God, who is the only one who can ease the pain caused by something so terrible. I cry every time I hear the Cinderella song that SCC sings. I will be hugging both of my girls much closer every night. This is a reminder that bad things happen to the best people and life can be taken away in a matter of seconds. Thank God that Maria Sue Chapman got to spend her short life being loved and cared for by such a wonderful Christian family. I am sure this little angel is dancing with Jesus now.

I think it is my last day of babysitting today. Lindsey didn't show up this morning. I am assuming that Nick is being born today and that they just forgot to call me. So, our last day together and she didn't even come! But Justin and Madison are here and I have been a bit sad all day. Justin is such a sweet boy and he and Reagan love eachother so much! He has always been a perfect child for me and I can't imagine how hard it will be to say good-bye later this afternoon. I am still praying that his mommy and daddy will bring him to Bright Beginnings, but as of now, it's not the plan. I hope we keep in touch, they are a special family. If my other babysitting families are any indication, though, we won't. Sadly, once I am done, it seems people move on. Maybe they don't realize how close I become to their children and what a bond we all have. I guess this is the one downside to the preschool. My old life at home babysitting is over- I am happy, but today it is bittersweet. (Ask me tomorrow when I get to sleep in and have the whole day with just my family!!!!!!)

I am getting things ready for our trip to Wisconsin. It's always so much fun to pack!

Praying for cheaper gas and well-behaved kids in the car!

No comments: