Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Okay, I know a few people who do this kind of post every Thursday and decided that it is a really great idea to focus on what I am thankful for! So here goes...

I am thankful for...
1. My Lord and Savior, for loving and forgiving me, even when I don't deserve it.
2. Losing 12 pounds, so far!!!
3. Other people's blogs that entertain me and help me see things from other points of view.
4. My husband, who works so hard for our family.
5. Ryleigh, who keeps my mind functioning with all her questions (that are getting tougher!).
6. Reagan, who is so happy and full of energy.
7. Reese's birth parents, who may have already made the decision to bring her into this world.
8. The feeling of clean sheets-I am washing them and love the feel of climbing into a clean bed!
9. My mom, who made me the person I am today!
10. My church family, who is full of people who have made a lifelong impact on my life as a mom, wife, friend, and Christian.


It feels good to focus on positive things for a change!

We had a great weekend in Kansas City. It was emotional for me to watch my uncle remarry (my aunt died 2 years ago), but I know that he is happy and that life must go on. I think it just makes it so final that Nancy is gone. I am glad we went to show Alan our love and support. The girls were so incredibly well-behaved, too! They were the only kids there and the reception was fancy and looooooong, but they both acted so sweet and nice! I was very proud of them both! They had a blast swimming in the hotel pool! Reagan is such a natural in the water and Ryleigh is completely over being scared. It was fun to have the whole pool to ourselves Sunday morning to just play and relax. It was good to get away from the whole school mess with Tim (still nothing has been decided, I guess it takes awhile to figure out exactly where to place the knife in someone's back). We visited a place called Deanna Rose Farmstead on Saturday. It was a lot like Grant's Farm and equally fun! The girls liked seeing all the animals and it was a beautiful day to walk around the gardens. Reagan was a little grouchy because she was tired, but she still enjoyed it! My nieces and nephew were all there, too, so it was fun to be together!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! To me, there is nothing better than being a mom!

No comments: