Thursday, May 15, 2008

Another Thankful Thursday

Well, the week has flown by and it's time again to focus on what I am thankful for! Very appropriate for me to do today since it's raining and cold and I am grouchy!

1. Praise and Worship music- I haven't always listened to Christian radio, but recently I decided that I can't listen to "regular" radio because it is not appropriate for my kids (a lot of it anyway). Now I absolutely LOVE listening to Christian music! My favorite song now is Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone) and I got the CD for Mother's Day!

2. Lenita- the secretary at church. She has been one of my biggest supporters and helpers with the preschool. She is such an awesome person and I love working with her. She has been there through the hard times and pulled me through with her honesty, compassion, and knowledge. I love her!

3. The Wednesday night KID-MO group at church that I have worked with for 3 years. They did a Bike-A-Thon last night and raised around $900 for Bright Beginnings at SHCC!!!!! My children are blessed to have this group of kids to call their friends! They are a blessing to me, as well.

4. Safety from natural disasters. There is so much going on in the world with earthquakes, floods, tornadoes, etc. and I am so lucky to be safe and sound with my family. My prayers go out to the people suffering now, especially the children of China because they hold a special place in my heart, for obvious reasons!

5. Ryleigh learning to ride a bike! Tim and I thought this day would never, ever come! But, a few of the other parents and grandparents at church helped her last night and she finally did it! I was so proud of her. She even wrecked a few times and got up and rode again (after a few tears and bandaids!).

6. All of the friends and colleagues that have been so supportive of Tim during this time of uncertainty with his job. So many people have called and emailed and talked to both of us about how appalled they are about how he is being treated and how wonderful he is as a teacher and leader in the school. These kinds of sincere comments are what is making this nightmare tollerable. He still has not heard and answer and none of the science openings have been filled as of this week's school board meeting. Kind of late in the game to be finding good teachers, but what do I know?

7. Spring weather- hoping the forecast is correct and we will be feeling the 80's this weekend!! I love spring!

8. The motivation to get up and exercise in the morning. I still have it and am enjoying the feeling of doing something good for myself first thing of the day. I am too chicken to weigh to see if I have lost anymore, even though I can tell I have. I think I will just weigh once a month or so for now. I do not want to be discouraged because that has happened before and it's the beginning of the end if I feel like it is not worth it because of the number on the scale. I am sure most people don't understand my struggle, but I am slowly coming to terms with it and trying to prevent those negative things!

9. The tv show Criminal Minds- one of my favorite weekly events is watching this with Tim after church on Wednesday nights. We both love it and it's a great feeling to snuggle and watch a show that is so different and new every week. There's no stupid twists or corny story lines. I love all the characters and truly enjoy each episode, even though it is a bit graphic sometimes. In my opinion it blows all the CSI shows out of the water.

10. Reagan's expanding vocabulary. All of a sudden she is saying the most grown up things and expressing herself so well! She has been so funny lately and can come up with the most hilarious come-backs! She is becoming a real thinker, too and can try to reason her way out of all her mischief! How lucky am I to be her mom????

Have a great weekend! Only 10 days of school left! HOORAY!

No comments: