Thursday, May 29, 2008

OOPS! I missed a week!

Well, things are just too busy around here! I missed my thankful Thursday last week, but that doesn't mean I am not thankful for anything, because I sure am! So, here's the list for the last 2 weeks!

1. Girls Night Out- last Friday was a super fun time with the girls, going shopping at the lake and eating at Dominico's. I laugh so much with these friends that I almost pee my pants! It is so refreshing to be able to be yourself and talk and laugh! Knowing these woman are all Christians, too, is so nice. They pray for you when you are down and celebrate with you when good things happen! GNO keep me sane! I LOVE it! Thanks to Stacy, Erin, Jill, and Tonia for being such great friends! I am so thankful to have you in my life.

2. Thankful that Erin didn't get a ticket even though we got pulled over on our way home from GNO! I could go into the details of the creepy cop, but there's no need...

3. Christian teachers- we got to visit Maplecrest (where Ryleigh will go for 2nd and 3rd grade) and it was quite a shock. It is an old building with the same smell as my elementary schools! But there are some great teachers with Christian morals and values, so I think we will be okay! I am way more nervous than Ryleigh is!

4. Summer is almost here! I will be done babysitting in the next week. What a relief! I am thankful for the chance I have had to care for Justin and Lindsey, but it is getting really hard to entertain them and work at preschool. Things will be much simpler around here when I am not waiting on kids to get here or kids to get picked up or kids to nap, etc. etc. etc. I have never had time with just my girls and I am so looking forward to this summer!

Well, that's a short list, but I do have a million things to do today! Our Summer Blast-Off/Ribbon Cutting for the playground is Saturday and for some reason I am doing most of the work for it. I don't mind, but as soon as I found out the radio was coming to broadcast live, I knew I had to really do a good job getting ready! I am praying the weather cooperates and that we have enough food for everyone!

In one week I will be leaving with my kids to go to Wisconsin for a few days. We are going with my mom, sister, sister-in-law, 3 nieces, and one nephew (poor Ben!) to visit my grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins. I am so excited to get away and see everyone! We get to meet my cousin Travis' fiancee, Katie. She is beautiful in the pictures we have seen and we look forward to getting to know her! Pray for safety on this trip and that we can afford the gas there and back. It's ridiculous, isn't it?

Have a great Thursday!

No comments: